A Windows based PC can lose network connectivity for many reasons. This article contains the fix for a specific issue that may or may not pertain to your particular issue.
1. Open the Network and Sharing Center from Control Panel or any other means
2. If this issue is present, the network location will show as Unknown and beneath you will have the error message:The dependency service or group failed to start.
– You can also check the Event Viewer for an Error with the Event ID that reads 7001
Issue: The Network Location Awareness Service is stopped or disabled causing the Network List Service to fail starting.
1. Open the Services Console by entering Services.msc into the Start Search, or by clicking Run and entering Services.msc and clicking OK.
2. Locate the Network Location Awareness service and ensure that its startup type is set to Automatic. If it is not, right click on the service and choose Properties. Change the startup type to Automatic and click OK.
3. Right click on the Network Location Awareness service and choose Start.
4. Locate the Network List Service service and choose Start.
Network connectivity should now resume, and the location under the Network and Sharing Center should be showing properly.