If you just installed a new SSD in your computer like we did here, or if you just want to start with a clean slate and refresh your computer, you will need to create installation media for re-installing Windows 8.1 on your computer. Microsoft has released a tool to allow us to easily create new installation media and either save an ISO file or install to an empty USB Flash Drive for quick and easy installation. This guide will show you how to get started.
1. Open up an internet browser and visit: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/create-reset-refresh-media
2. Scroll down the page until you find the Create Media button, and click.
3. The MediaCreationTool.exe file will download.
4. Located MediaCreationTool.exe, right click it and choose Run as Adminisrator
6. Choose which method you with to use, in my example, I will be creating a Bootable USB Drive using the Wizard. Click Next.
7. Select the Removable Drive that you wish to use for Installation and click Next
8. You will be prompted that the Wizard will erase everything on the USB Drive. Click OK.
9. The wizard will now download the image and place it on the USB Drive. This will take some time depending on your Internet Connection Speed.